Tuesday, December 20, 2011

breaking radio silence




December 20, 2011
Dearest Family and Friends,
It has been some time since I have sent out one of these annual family “newsletters.” Many of you have heard through the grapevine or from me personally of the great change that has taken place in my life the last couple of years. I am happy to report that Thurston and I are marching forward, growing and changing every day.
With out further ado, I would rather focus on all of the positive things that have happened in the last year:
Thurston graduated from preschool and has started kindergarten at Garfield Elementary School. He is doing quite well and is currently on break. His first report card was wonderful and he is reading and writing and working in general on being a good scholar. He has even lost 3 teeth in the last couple of months!

I continue to look for work in the area of finance, but have picked up work at Twiggs Bakery and Coffehouse. I wish that this job fulfilled my monetary requirements. I love working in this small business feeding people with an intense sense of community. It has been a very long time since I have worked at a job where I feel wanted and in turn I want to give back, not just to my employer but to the people who frequent this small establishment. The people in this community have offered friendship and support beyond what I would have ever expected.

In February of this year, Thurston and I moved into a small 2 bedroom apartment in an area near where I used to have a house. We have come to love our little space and continue to make it our own. I even have a balcony where I have put up lights and have started on a small potted garden. Unless something radically changes for us, I expect us to be at this space for a while.
I continue to read, cook, listen to music and build legos with Thurston. I have been reintroduced to a simple life in many regards and as more time goes by appreciate the merits of it. I wish all of you a Happy New Year and much love.

Nicole and Thurston.

We can be reached at:
4432 Illinois Street, Apt. B, San Diego, CA 92116
nhtellier@gmail.com and 619-992-2653

1 comment:

  1. Good letter! It's positive and authentic. Love you.

    ReplyDelete