Friday, July 20, 2012

no talking and all action

Monday July 17th, 2012 at approximately 11am, my marriage of 13 years and 4 months came to a legal end (this doesn't count the 3 years of dating/living together).  I just wrote a whole convoluted piece on my feelings about it.  Erased it.  I am reminded of a lyric from the song "Ocean sized" by Jane's Addiction.

"I want to be more like the ocean.  No talking and all action.  No talking and all action."

It was my past.  I own my future as much as my past.  I may talk a lot, but I never believed in the passive life, for better or for worse.  I have always been an active participant, even when I make a crap load of mistakes.  I prefer to try to be like the mother ocean. All action.

"I've seen the ocean break on shore, come together with no harm done."

I have much I could say, but it won't change the past, and the future lays elsewhere.  Therefore, maybe it is better to say nothing more.

Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment