Sunday, November 10, 2013

trying to find the words

Have you ever had somebody or a group of friends in your life that makes you feel a sense of love that you have never known?  I am a truly lucky (blessed) person to know this.  I have been trying to find the words to express the connection and love that I have found with people outside of my biological family.  I am not sure that I will be able to find those words to describe the love we give each other that can express the depth of emotion that I possess for them.

These are the people who make you feel the absolute best about yourself.
The people who can look at you and you them and understand.
The people who you would walk the ends of the earth for.
The people who you would take a bullet for.
The people who know the ridiculous laughing fits and find joy, love and laughter in them with you.
The people where you can express your most innermost esoteric thoughts and they respond in kind.
The people where they can fall asleep in your bed or on your couch and their sleeping countenance brings you comfort.
The people who know they can be there for you through anything. And you them.
The people that you will believe in until the end of time.
The people that can challenge you, help you to grow or see from another perspective, but never, ever make you feel that in that moment that their love ever waivers.
The people whom you can look in the eyes and feel the core of who they are and the beauty of it moves you to tears.

These are the people to cherish, hold close, and tell every day that you love.
Our time is finite. Yet we are still here today.  Make the most of that love and friendship in all your days. I have no idea where I would be without these people.  They make my life brighter and more beautiful for their presence.

More of what I will be daily and eternally grateful for:
1. Blake
2. Chemynne
3. Daena
4. Gordon
5. Melanie
6. Diana
7. Patrick
8.. Jay
9. Chris
10. Leah
11. Oliver
12. Richie
13. Breezy
14. Courtney
15. Jen
16. Charlie

*Note for my biological family...this post was specifically meant for those not related to me...Please know that you hold a different space in my heart that no one can ever touch.
**Note for my many friends who will read this...these people listed have been an intense part of my life for a very long time.  Some of you over time will be on this list, it is not meant to say that some friendships are more valuable than others, simply that my connection with these people have spanned (in one case) up to 40 years.  I repeat something here that I have said over and over...if I have told you once that I love you...it stands for all time.


No comments:

Post a Comment