Monday, April 21, 2014

this morning.

a good song. the smell of chris' neck. feeling his hand on my leg. moxie asleep in the crook of my arm. hearing chris breathing and the usual and occasional twitch. the feeling of impending summer.  sleeping without a blanket. the anticipation of spending the day with the person who means so much to me. the anticipation of being out in the sun. the anticipation of laughing. the anticipation of hearing him tell me he loves me. thinking about making enchiladas with my left over roast chicken. realizing that i almost never get to wake this slowly and recognizing the happiness in my heart and life.  realization that i have been choosing happiness over distress lately. nice to see how i am working towards that goal and making progress. 

ok. now to wake chris up and stop anticipating.

No comments:

Post a Comment